Help Train a New Generation of Technologists
Seeking Full Stack Software Engineer/Instructor
The Full-Stack Software Instructor provides structure and supports positive outcomes for students at Prime. We're looking for engineers who are passionate about education and mentorship. Through experience, empathy and leadership in the classroom you'll be helping others learn the craft of software development using modern tools and techniques. You and your co-instructor are responsible for guiding a cohort of students through the Prime program with the assistance of the entire instruction team.
You'll be joining a small company with a passionate and dedicated team. We offer competitive salary and benefits including a generous PTO program, medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as a 401K plan with a company match.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing and delivering daily/weekly technical lectures
- Supporting students through instruction and advice
- Moderating class discussion to balance input and participation
- Engaging students in classroom activities
- Providing verbal and written feedback on student code
- Participating in weekly in-person or video hangouts with cohorts in the pre-work phase
- Scheduling and leading 1:1 check-in session with students
- Responding to correspondence from current students through email and slack
Education and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Teaching and/or mentoring experience
- Familiarity and ability to work with modern software engineering technologies, tools and techniques
- Self-motivated, independent, and success driven
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional situations, responding promptly to requests for service and assistance
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills and collaborative group problem solving
- Experience with 2 or more of the following:
- Client-side or server-side development experience
- Databases (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
- Modern source code management (e.g. Git)
- Utility and deployment technologies (e.g. Grunt, Bower)
- Experience lecturing and/or delivering talks on technical subjects
- Experience building and deploying with modern software engineering technologies, tools and techniques
If you've gotten this far down the page and you're still excited about joining the team, we'd love to meet you. To apply, please send your resume and a letter telling us about yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org.